Workshops & Education
Studio 8 is the proud home many continuing education, and anatomy training opportunities appropriate for Pilates trainers, professionals and dedicated students.
Pilates Education & Workshops
Studio 8 is home to many robust continuing ed, anatomy , education and Pilates workshops for the curious student, to the dedicated teacher and everyone in between. Our small-group formats offers an intensive experience that allows individuals to really dive deep on the topics that matter most to you.
Upcoming Trainings & Workshops at Studio 8 Pilates!
Anatomy Trains® for Movement Professionals
October 7th & 8th 2017
Movement, Stability, Coordination— Get your anatomy in motion!
Whatever your movement modality – yoga, Pilates, personal training, rehabilitative exercise, dance therapy – Anatomy Trains® offers skills that movement therapists can use to see their clients more clearly and work more effectively.
Traditional anatomy is static, but humans are constantly in dynamic movement - Anatomy Trains® shows you ‘the ropes’ for transmission from muscle to muscle through the fascial fabric. Our intensive introductory courses are holistic, fun and very immediately applicable. The Anatomy Trains® concept moves beyond mechanical “cause and affect” actions of muscles to the integrative relational connections of real-life functional movement.
Completely transform your view of myofascial anatomy and expand your ability to assess and access your clients’ postural and movement patterns.
Early bird pricing $325 before September 8th! ($375 after)
Earn Continuing Ed Credits
- 14 CECs PMA
- 1.4 CEUs NASM
- 14 CEs NCBTMB
- 14 Contact Hours YA
Presented by Lauri Nemetz, MA, BC-DMT, LCAT,ERYT
Lauri is a certified and registered experienced-level yoga teacher, Stott Pilates® certified instructor, a board-certified member of the Academy of Dance/Movement Therapists and a licensed creative arts therapist (psychotherapy). She is a past president of the YTA (Yoga Teachers’ Association) and has been a professor at Pace University since 2007.
Lauri is a graduate of the Anatomy Trains® 200 hr. Body Language and of Leslie Kaminoff's Yoga Anatomy course. She has also published writings on movement therapy and yoga in several books and journals. In addition to teaching movement and anatomy and working as a therapist with a wide range of populations, Lauri leads yoga and kayaking trips on the Hudson river, in Canada and in Costa Rica. She lives in the Hudson Valley of NY with her husband and two amazing boys.
- Understand basic properties and connected nature of fascia
- Gain a succinct and relevant introduction to geometry/character of connective tissue
- Be able to identify the 12 myofascial meridians along which movement, tension and posture distortion travel
- Accurately “BodyRead” posture and movement; assess your clients in a new way
- Apply knowledge to construct alternate movement strategies to unwind observed patterns
Anatomy Trains courses completely transform your view of myofascial anatomy and enable you to make distinct changes in your clients’ movement patterns!
The workshop is split into roughly equal time on 1) lecture/presentation of the concepts and the lines, 2) BodyReading™ and postural / movement analysis, and 3) stretching, “awakening”, and touch-cueing techniques from our (and your) movement education library.
This Course Will Allow You To:
- BodyRead your client’s postural and movement patterns with greater accuracy and integration
- Gain access to effective treatment strategies for resolving postural distortions, which may occur some distance from the obvious site of pain or limitation
- Enable you to make distinct changes in your clients’ movement pattern
- Understand basic properties and connected nature of fascia, and tensegrity in human movement
- A succinct and relevant introduction to the connective tissue matrix and fascial planes
- Be able to identify and trace the 12 myofascial meridians along which movement, tension, and postural distortion travel
- Be able to BodyRead™ postural patterns based on analysis of Anatomy Trains® lines
- Apply knowledge to construct alternative movement strategies to help unwind and resolve the
- patterns observed
- Illustrated lecture
- Open inquiry atmosphere; questions, vitality, and humor encouraged
- Participants will exchange palpation and practice BodyReading (visual assessment) on one another under supervised analysis of instructor and assistants