Learn More About Chicago's Studio 8
Studio 8 is Chicago's home for customized Pilates training for fitness, injury recovery and wellness.
The Story of Studio 8 Pilates
Studio 8 is a new name for the next evolution in North Center's 5-year-old boutique Pilates Studio previously known as Urbancore. Studio 8 Pilates was founded by studio owner and PMA certified Pilates instructor Christine Hall. She was the former co-owner of Urbancore Pilates (2010-2015). Coming from a long standing background in athletics, Chris originally began Pilates after sports related injuries and founded this business with the goal of bringing Pilates to more bodies.
We design safe and effective workout programs for clients with chronic pain and injury, and cater to the needs of the individual. Our bodies are idiosyncratic, so our methods must be intelligent and adaptive, just like our bodies.
- We specialize in high-quality private Pilates instruction and small group training.
- Our classes and programs are innovative.
- Contemporary approach to Pilates that focuses on the unique needs of the client.
- We take a health- and wellness-first approach to fitness.
- Post-Rehabilitation specialization.
- Experienced, creative, and dedicated instructors.
- Results-Driven workouts.
- Emphasis on cutting edge research in exercise science and the latest in fitness trends.
- Train with PMA® Certified Pilates Teachers.
As an Registered Ultrasound Tech my arms, neck, upper back, etc… go through a great deal of stress and I do believe Pilates has helped! Also other several things I noticed, my body changed, I felt stronger/leaner/toned. I honestly should of tried this years ago! The studio is amazingly clean and open. Parking is easy & free! So it was a win-win every way I looked at it! Love Studio 8!-Alicia B.
Meet the Founder, Christine Hall
Christine Hall is the owner of Studio 8 Pilates and is a certified pilates instructor through both The PhysicalMind Institute and the Pilates Method Alliance (PMA). Chris has been teaching pilates for 11 years and specializes in training people who want to move better, feel better and live better and healthier lives.
Chris has followed that passion by studying with expert Pilates teachers on the topics of:
- Pilates for prenatal & postpartum care
- Pilates for Diastasis Recti and pelvic floor health
- Pilates for shoulder mechanics & optimal health
- Pilates for hip and knee mechanics & optimal health
Her clients include many that have back/spinal surgeries, hip and knee replacements, c-sections, scoliosis and other spinal conditions.
Pilates Certifications & Additional Expertise
- PhysicalMind Institute Trained
- Pilates Method Alliance (PMA) Certified
- Diastasis Recti Certified through Carolyne Anthony and The Center for Women’s Fitness
- CoreAlign training through Balanced Body
- Jumpboard Dynamics Training through Basi
Experience & Background
Chris herself was an young athlete first, having played competitive tennis for many years and running long distance. Fast forward when having 2 children led to a diastasis recti and back pain, Chris decided to seek alternative methods of exercise to safely rehab herself and return to the sports she loved. Two visits to physical therapy finally exposed her to the world of Pilates.
Pilates was the balance she had been looking for a combination of the challenge of athletic movements as well as the lengthening/strengthening and core development her body was missing. After a few years of being a Pilates client, Chris decided to leave her corporate finance career to pursue teaching Pilates. Chris has successfully completed 3 marathons, numerous half marathons around the country, and is virtually injury free. In her own words: I want to feel great on as many days as possible. I don't believe in aging gracefully, I believe in fighting it every step of the way!