Christine Hall is the owner of Studio 8 Pilates and is a certified Pilates instructor through both The PhysicalMind Institute and the Pilates Method Alliance (PMA). Chris has been teaching pilates for 11 years and specializes in training people who want to move better, feel better and live better and healthier lives.
Pilates Certifications & Additional Experience
- PhysicalMind Institute Trained
- Pilates Method Alliance (PMA) Certified
- Diastasis Recti Certified through Carolyne Anthony and The Center for Women’s Fitness
- CoreAlign training through Balanced Body
- Jumpboard Dynamics Training through Basi
Her clients include many that have back/spinal surgeries, hip and knee replacements, c-sections, scoliosis and other spinal conditions.
Areas of Deep Study
- Pilates for prenatal & postpartum care
- Pilates for Diastasis Recti and pelvic floor health
- Pilates for shoulder mechanics & optimal health
- Pilates for hip and knee mechanics & optimal health
EXPERIENCE & BACKGROUND
Chris herself was an young athlete first, having played competitive tennis for many years and running long distance. Fast forward when having 2 children led to a diastasis recti and back pain, Chris decided to seek alternative methods of exercise to safely rehab herself and return to the sports she loved. Two visits to physical therapy finally exposed her to the world of Pilates.
Pilates was the balance she had been looking for a combination of the challenge of athletic movements as well as the lengthening/strengthening and core development her body was missing. After a few years of being a Pilates client, Chris decided to leave her corporate finance career to pursue teaching Pilates. Chris has successfully completed 3 marathons, numerous half marathons around the country, and is virtually injury free. In her own words: I want to feel great on as many days as possible. I don't believe in aging gracefully, I believe in fighting it every step of the way!
NEW TO STUDIO 8?
Special Intro Packages: